- Easily used by ships maintenance staff right out of the box
- Instant indication of condition for motor bearings, gears, compressors, slewing rings, hoists, winches...
- Plan maintenance and have the spares available on time. Minimise off-hire and demurrage.
Structural Monitoring Acoustic Emissions
This technique is an area of growing interest which encompasses both civil and mechanical engineering structures such as:
- Buildings and foundation blocks
- Bridge structures, structural nodes and anchor points
- Structural towers and piles
- Large scale machines and capital assets such as tank farms
- Airframes (where many AE techniques find their origin)
Did you know that the London Eye uses Holroyd AE transducers to monitor the main wheel bearings and cable anchor point integrity? Proof of our capability to monitor slow rotating shafts!
The benefit of Structural Health Monitoring is being increasingly recognised as a means of safely extending the useful life. Monitoring also plays an effective role where integrity may have been compromised by overloading, foundation movement, earthquake or suspected component weakness.
We are AE but not structural specialists. Typically we supply MHC Smart Senors and data capture systems to Structural Engineers and NDT specialists for use in this application.