- Easily used by ships maintenance staff right out of the box
- Instant indication of condition for motor bearings, gears, compressors, slewing rings, hoists, winches...
- Plan maintenance and have the spares available on time. Minimise off-hire and demurrage.
Power Plants Condition Monitoring
Powerplants use a wide range of lubricants and very capital intensive critical equipment. To avoid overselling, here is where Parker Kittiwake sit in this market.
- Large powerplants (circa >500MW) will have their own laboratory capable of oil analysis. In this instance On-Line is the product group that is used most often, mostly moisture sensors in critical applications. Having said that, other Parker Kittiwake products covering Vibration and Emissions Monitoring have a much greater range and history of application here.
- Remote diesel powerplants are where we have the biggest application. Our On-Site tests cover the range of lube oil and additionally, fuel oil, tests required by the plant. For these reasons, Parker Kittiwake equipment is specified as standard by two of the worlds largest diesel and gas engine manufacturers, specifically for remote power plants. Add to this Kittiwake Holroyd equipment for monitoring AE and Vibration in rotating machinery and Kittiwake Procal for measuring exhaust emissions and you begin to see just how comprehensive a solution we can provide.
Did you know that Drax B in the UK, Europe's largest coal fired powerplant, relies on Kittiwake Procal emissions monitors for its carbon trading and environmental compliance monitoring?