- Easily used by ships maintenance staff right out of the box
- Instant indication of condition for motor bearings, gears, compressors, slewing rings, hoists, winches...
- Plan maintenance and have the spares available on time. Minimise off-hire and demurrage.
On-line Offshore Drilling Solutions
Oil exploration is quite possibly the most brutal environment our sensors are exposed to. Harsh in terms of the elements, in terms of the operating environment and in terms of the level of abuse (or lack of maintenance) during daily operations. The primary responsibility of the staff on a drill rig is to a push a tool bit deep in to the ground. Everything else must support that and come secondary to it.
Our sensors will let you know when a top drive is in trouble due to excessive gearbox wear or mud ingress, a Thruster gearbox is wearing abnormally or sea water seals are leaking, Mud pump bearings or gears are distressed and other events on single point failure equipment. All with the aim of providing you with critical information to help increase uptime.
On-Line is the first-alert, primary defensive position, in terms of earliest possible warning.
Top Drives: Monitoring abnormal wear in top drives, whether resulting from mechanical issues or mud / water ingress. Top Drive applications require Ex rated sensors. The Parker Kittiwake Metallic Particle sensor carries such approvals for this application:
Mud Pumps: Several sensor options, including vibration
Thrusters: ThrusterSCAN is a special self-contained suite of three sensors to monitor wear and oil quality. The system includes a sophisticated HMI (Human Machine Interface) to provide immediate identification and feedback when problems occur:
Diesel Engine Maintenance, 4-Stroke: Parker Kittiwake has five applicable sensors:
- Oil Condition Sensor – Monitors lube contamination, allowing safe oil drain extensions
- Total Ferrous Sensor – Total iron ppm at all particle sizes
- WaterSCAN - measures total water and soot in the oil
- Parker Kittiwake/Procal Emissions Monitor – NOX, SOX, etc
Hydraulics: Two sensor options for wear monitoring and one for oil condition, plus vibration monitoring capability:
Gearboxes: Two sensor options for wear monitoring and one for oil condition, plus vibration monitoring capability:
Compressors: Two sensor options for wear monitoring and one for oil condition: