- Easily used by ships maintenance staff right out of the box
- Instant indication of condition for motor bearings, gears, compressors, slewing rings, hoists, winches...
- Plan maintenance and have the spares available on time. Minimise off-hire and demurrage.
On-Site Marine Monitoring Solutions
On-Site provides additional testing on the Component’s premises, allowing you to vet a sensor reading quickly and effectively. If more testing is needed you can forward a sample to an off-site lab, however, you may find sufficient information is available upon testing ‘locally’, such that you can take immediate action to avert trauma while still sending the sample out for further testing clarification.
Diesel Engine, Oil Condition: Common important tests are available via Parker Kittiwake Oil Test Centres (OTC), which can be configured in numerous ways, e.g.
- Viscosity (VIS)
- Oxidation (OX)
- Insolubles/Fuel Soot
- Acid Number (AN)
- Base Number (BN)
- All Components, Ferrous Wear: The Parker Kittiwake fdMplus is a unique onsite solution to monitoring wear rates at ppm level
- Salt water contamination from inclement weather can be a problem for some sumps, particularly gearsets on decks. You will need to handle lubricants with good care, as well as ensure that breathers and other ingress points are properly serviced and controlled. If necessary, salt water identification is available at Tier 2 level
- Residual fuel, rich in sulphur, is often in use, necessitating high base number (BN) lubricants to offset significant sulphuric acid formation, which is highly corrosive. The Parker Kittiwake OTC is routinely fitted for this test