- Easily used by ships maintenance staff right out of the box
- Instant indication of condition for motor bearings, gears, compressors, slewing rings, hoists, winches...
- Plan maintenance and have the spares available on time. Minimise off-hire and demurrage.
Marine Industry Applications
Tankers, Bulk Carriers, Passenger Ships and Support Vessels all need fuel, lubricant and water for their critical systems to function effectively. Parker Kittiwake equipment for this application is comprehensive front line protection and covers:
- Testing of in-use lubricants including system oils, hydraulics and even scrapedown oil from 2 stroke liner scavenge drains (various options available through Parker Kittiwake, Shell Marine and ExxonMobil).
- Testing and sampling of bunker fuel for quality and quantity.
- Measuring of exhaust emissions for NOx and SOx, CO2.
- Looking for valve wear and leakage, checking for wasteful air leaks.
- Testing machinery bearings and slideways for wear or poor lubrication.
Ocean-going vessels are ‘on their own’ once underway. With little recourse to outside help, its advisable to apply Condition Monitoring in such a way so as to receive the greatest window of opportunity to change oil, effect a minor repair, or perform other maintenance in order to forestall downtime or a large repair expense. This is the space we work in.
Marine Application: Key Considerations and Solutions:
Isolated, once underway, you will need to have some degree of self-sufficiency when problems occur, or to prevent them from occurring altogether, including the ability to test critical parameters for in-service lubricants. On-Line & On-Site testing strategies are available from Parker Kittiwake to provide you with unprecedented protection.