- Fully understand cylinder operating conditions
- Quickly determine PPM values for only cold corrosion products
- Low test cost per cylinder
Cold Corrosion Test Kit
NEW - Cold Corrosion Test Kit
The Cold Corrosion Test Kit from Parker Kittiwake allows ship owners and operators to obtain an accurate picture of the level of corrosive elements present in cylinder oil, potentially preventing critical damage before it occurs. The kit provides accurate results on-board in less than five minutes, negating the need to send samples to a laboratory to be analysed.
The cold corrosion test kit goes beyond other cylinder oil test kits, which give a total iron figure, by providing users with an accurate measure of the parts per million (PPM) value of Fe2+ and Fe3+ compounds in used scrape down oil, corresponding to the wear attributable to cold corrosion. Using a colour-matching test the Parker Kittiwake Cold Corrosion Test Kit alters the colour of an oil sample, indicating the concentration of non-ferrous iron compounds. The resulting colour is matched to a reference colour wheel that provides a measurement of the corrosive wear present in the sample.
When used in conjunction with ferro-magnetic analysers, such as Parker Kittiwakes LinerSCAN or the Ferrous Wear Meter, the exact wear conditions within the cylinder chamber can be monitored and corrective action taken when higher levels of wear are observed.
Key Features of the Cold Corrosion Test Kit
- Excellent correlation between field measurements and lab Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) results (see graph)
- Monitors products of corrosion that cannot be detected magnetically
- Provides early warning that cold corrosion is underway
- Gives a running commentary on internal corrosion as the operator adjusts the cylinder liner jacket temperature or oil feed rate
- When used in conjunction with the Parker Kittiwake LinerSCAN, it is possible to monitor abrasive and corrosive wear independently
- Each test is simple, cost effective and quick (<5 minutes) to complete