- Automatic flashpoint results in seconds
- Important safety & quality assurance measure
- Used to detect contamination from low flashpoint methanol
The Compatibility Tester is possibly the most useful and underrated tool available for testing fuel oil compatibility and blends. This kit provides a quick useful tool for engineers faced with the necessity to mix or blend residual fuel oil or wishing to establish the stability of a new bunker delivery. The Compatibility Tester can be purchased as a stand-alone kit, supplied in its own case, or as part of a more extensive suite of testing equipment in the Fuel and Lube Oil Lab, or Power Plant Lab. It will:
- Confirm that the fuel delivery will remain stable in the bunker tanks without excessive asphaltene drop out.
- Identify possible stability problems before blending two fuels and indicate the effectiveness of stability additives.
- Help prevent sludge deposits, failure of fuel handling systems and costly combustion related engine damage.