- Easily used by ships maintenance staff right out of the box
- Instant indication of condition for motor bearings, gears, compressors, slewing rings, hoists, winches...
- Plan maintenance and have the spares available on time. Minimise off-hire and demurrage.
Biodiesel Quality Analysis
Biodiesel quality is regularly more variable than refined products. Given they will be run through an expensive capital asset
(aka. your engine) its probably a good idea to make sure they will do no harm.
Biodiesel analysis is also used for process control and screening. Suitable On-Site tests cover: Water, Viscosity, Density, AN (formerly TAN), Flashpoint, Cloudpoint, microbiological contamination (MBC).
Biodiesel plants are often small with varying feedstock and manufacturing conditions. It is important, to both end-usersand manufacturers, that the quality and batch-to-batch consistency is confirmed. Stored fuel can be quickly and easily tested for degradation, allowing for consistent production quality with timely process optimisation and trouble-shooting. Supplementary to this, base stocks of fuel can be checked for suitability at the point of delivery.
Biodiesel Manufacturers, results of biodiesel analysis allows manufacturers to:
- Save money by optimising the ratio of chemicals used
- Guarantee the biodiesel quality of the base stock used, at the time of delivery
- Refine and trouble-shoot the biodiesel manufacturing process
- Ensure the quality and consistency of the end product
Biodiesel End Users, in order to safe-guard machinery, a number of critical parameters should be monitored:
- Ensuring the biodiesel quality at the time of delivery
- Monitoring the consistency of the biodiesel from batch-to-batch
- Checking stored biodiesel for deterioration over time
Did you know - Parker Kittiwake biodiesel testing equipment is already helping producers and users worldwide to ensure the quality of their fuels.